Wednesday 15 July 2009

SUBST for SSIS (eliminating location problems when deploying packages)

I'm setting up new SSIS instances and am keen to ensure that no files stray to the system drive.
On the new servers we have the following structure for SSIS packages on the D: drive >

D:\SSISDeployment
D:\SSISDeployment\Config
D:\SSISDev

Developing on my local pc I do not have a D: drive, hence I can mock one up using the old DOS subst command (yes, it still works!)

In my case SUBST D: C:\!rd\dev (I saved this in a batch file too).
Then I created my folder structure on my new D: drive.
This way there will be no problems moving packages and configuration to the servers.

I had to move my DVD-ROM drive from 'D:' to ‘ Z:’ to allow this.

Link : http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Integration+Services/61619/

No comments: